Indoor project's for older children



What are some good projects for older kids in the winter? Here are some things our boys really enjoy during the long, cold, dark Idaho winters!

A Soldering kit like this! One of our boys has fixed his own headphones and has fixed my jewelry on many occasions!!!

We've  actually never used a moccasin kit before, but to be honest, my children have asked for one! Comment below if you've tried one!

Origami! I have a child that loves origami and seriously spends at least an hour a day folding paper! Who knew it could be so beautiful and serve as a center piece for thanksgiving? #turkeys

A Wood burning kit! Our boys have spent hours making Christmas ornaments, signs etc. with their kit.

Wood whittling! There are instructions here and a really cool diy website!

Ev3 robot kits! Amazing and pricey! We had access to these because of my husband's job 😉 they are so wonderful, worth EVERY penny and come in different age ranges!

Apple pies! My boys love to bake! I admit I need to let loose a little more in the kitchen! They help me do that for sure! My boys have learned to make bagels, donuts, pies, pizza's, bread, cookies.... a lot of things! They started on the Boxcar Children cookbook many years ago! It's this one but I think kids would like this one too!


Why is squirrel hunting is so popular? Here is an awesome, quick and to the point article answering that ever popular question! *wink wink*
My boys forced me to include that one! And it's not an indoors project!  But neither is building a log cabin or wilderness shelter, and they've been known to do that too!
How do your older children use their time constructively throughout the winter?

Comments

Popular Posts