Decorating ideas for the untalented





Okay ladies!  Here, in sixty seconds or less, I will let you in on some decorating tips I think will be useful! These crafts were all made with things I had around the house, got from friends or found at thrift stores!  I hope this will inspire you to get crafty even if you aren't talented!!!


The first two pictures are of an old china hutch my best friend gifted me out of their one hundred year old farm house.  Thankfully she doesn't have a heart for old junk falling apart like I do!  I painted it white, my husband put a new piece of wood on the back and I filled it with my garage sale fiesta wear! Sitting on the top is a big tray another friend gifted me along with two embroidery hoops I purchased for under a dollar at our local thrift store.  The fabric I filled them with were scraps also from friends.  The B was a thrift store find that was painted white and next to it a birthday mug!  Easy peasy and zero talent needed!


This next gem was a mirror that had broken.  I filled it with a piece of fabric, painted it white and used it in my kitchen for aprons and my flour sifter.  Zero dollars and zero talent needed.

Last but not least.  I bought these mini wreaths at our thrift store for a dollar each and glued some silver leaves and berries on them.  I think the total spent was under $6.  I used these on my table with a candle in the middle or on top of my piano!

A few decorating hints?  Decorate with similar colors but varying sizes and shapes, also decorate in odd numbers by using groups of three or five.  I also like to trade with friends.  These wreathes I offered up for free on my church page because I had used them for many years and wanted to look at something new.  If you have a group of girlfriends who have a similar style, you could plan a swapping party!  Bring all of your old crafting scraps or projects and swap with someone else.  I think this is super fun around the holidays!



Comments

Popular Posts