Encouragment for Trials, we all have them!

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 







If I had a life verse, this would be it.  I know it belongs to a lot of others, and for a good reason.  Not only does God remind us not to be worried about anything he tells what we are to do instead.  It doesn't end there!  He adds on a promise, that he will guard our hearts and minds.  Wow.  Amen.







We will suffer trials in this life. Great sadness, stress, loss, fear. It's all behind us and before us.  This should not come as a surprise but often, for some reason, it does.  Here are some things to keep in mind during these times.  Please, please share other ideas in the comments below!
  • Often during times of trial our minds can wander, and they often to wander into the depths of "What if".  Often too our thoughts will wonder into untruths about who we are and who God is.  Thinking things that are just untrue. Jesus refuted the devil using the Bible, God's words, when he was in the desert and being tempted... you can do that too.  Write down these wrong thoughts and refute them with the Bible.  Use scripture.  If it was good enough for Jesus you better believe it is good enough for us! I remember a time of depression and anxiety all mixed up in one, I wrote a list of things I was believing, the thoughts I was thinking and then I wrote God's promises next to those things. God ALWAYS keeps his promises! 
  • Keep a prayer journal, write down your prayers and answers to your prayers, you will soon have your own collection of God's faithfulness in your life!  This is encouraging.  
  • Know that this is a trial! Call it a trial and learn how people of faith went forth during trials! Read stories of missionaries!  This always stills my heart.
  • Repent for your sins! I often feel guilty for things in my life that aren't sins at all, and are beyond my control, this consumes my thoughts at times and I forget that there are actual sins I may need to repent for!  
  • Know that God loves you  and hears you!  He is just and promises wisdom to those that fear and love him!

Psalm 34:4  

I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. 








1 Peter 5:6-7

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.










James 1:12 

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.










Romans 12:12 

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.










James 1:2 

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds 









The last verse is pure folly to those who do not know or love God, to be able to count it all joy.  Pray and ask God to do this!  Help me Lord to count this as joy, help me to be in constant prayer, help me remain steadfast and help me cast my anxieties on you.


This short podcast about trials is worth listening to!  I think I've listened to it five times, and need to listen to it again!
May God Bless you with this post!!
Liz

Comments

  1. When I look back on the last four years of an ongoing trial for my family, I see how far I've come. I also want to point out that it is definitely okay to cry, let the tears flow, feel the emotion. God knows our emotions because he created us. Even Jesus himself wept. It's just important not to get caught up in all of that and let the grief of our trials last forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts