Favorite "me time" ideas

I understand the term "me time" is somewhat controversial... so fill in what ever word you'd like instead if it offends! ๐Ÿ˜‚  I am not one who thinks I have to take care of myself in order to take care of others, if that were true our home would be in a sad state of affairs. I do think, however, that having time alone, whenever it is possible, really does help me to recharge!  More so the idea of taking a break to better serve rather than to escape my life. Anyway... here are some free and not free ideas!
  • Pedicure, I love it! I never ever thought it would be something I enjoyed! There are massage chairs, magazines, free drinks and no one I need to take care of๐Ÿ˜‚ Bonus? Heels that don't crack, ouch, and pretty toes that last over a month!
  • Ice cream and a radio show! Yup! I love listening to Jonathan Bachelor!  He is someone I believe everyone will enjoy! I order a hot fudge Sunday from Mc. Donald's (extra peanuts) and sit in my warm car listening! 
  • Get a coffee to go and head out of town! I go to my favorite coffee drive thru and head off to a different town for the afternoon! I usually don't see folks I know, my mind can wander on the drive and I get to thrift shop at different places.
  • Go for a drive to a beautiful place to park and pray, read your Bible or just sit in quiet.  I live in the most beautiful place on earth, so this is easy. Drive five or ten miles and I'm at the bottom of a mountain or in the middle of green fields! I pray. Take a minute. Collect my thoughts and feelings. It actually DOESN'T take that long! I feel refreshed after about twenty minutes or so.
  • I buy myself flowers. This kind of stresses my husband out because he wonders if he isn't buying flowers enough! Usually this ISN'T  true๐Ÿ˜ I just need a mini pick me up!

How and where do you  spend your "alone" time? PLEASE comment below! Inspire us!


Comments

  1. Honestly at the moment, with four under five, me time looks like a nap or a second cup of coffee while I listen to my bible or audio book and nurse the baby! ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Such a great perspective to have! You can squeeze a minute here and there for a mini break!
      LIZ

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts