Simple Thanksgiving table decorations



I love Thanksgiving. I think most Americans do!  Pie, family, fall, pie, warm drinks, the hint of snow, pie... well, you get the point.  We love our little Thanksgiving tradition of reading a bit of William Bradford and watching Monumental .  I really love American history and I love hearing about the faithful pilgrims who willingly risk their lives for their faith in Jesus.  Another thing I love? Decorating and table setting for Thanksgiving.  I try to do this on a shoestring budget and use things I already have around the house.  Let me share how I have done this in the past with the hopes of inspiring you to do the same!

One of our boys always wants to make pies!  This is his favorite time of year.  Last year he made an apple pie.

I went to Michael's two years ago after the holiday season and purchased several fall items to stash away for following Thanksgiving, I ended up saving over 80% and got to buy the things I really wanted!  I got the big white pumpkin, the Thankful box and a few other things not shown.


My husband got me these wooden slabs for our anniversary, which is in November, and a few sweet candles, so I was able to decorate with those gifts.  I also purchased glasses from The Dollar Store.


A friend at church was giving away a tool that cuts a tea light hole in fruits or veggies and I snagged it for apples.  As you can see a toddler nibbled the bottom of this one!

I splurged on fresh flowers.  I love fresh flowers and I think they can transform almost any room or table setting.  I also believe that God did such an amazing job creating flowers that we don't have to be florists to enjoy them!  Find a funky vase, old jar or cream pitcher to display flowers and place them in every room!

Use things you already have, pieces of cloth, fruit you are going to serve, candles you have on hand and tie it all together with something like matching cups.  I hope this inspires you to be thankful for the beautiful things you have and to get creative!

Comments

Popular Posts