January Meal Planning for Nine


Meal planning is really easy for me, I also slack off a bit because.... it's really easy for me! Gah! Several ladies have suggested that I blog about my meals, recipes, and planning. So, here it goes.

I have done MANY different things over the years.  I have had children on specials diets, morning sickness, and a budget to consider.  We also have one child in Christian private school this year so I have had to make different lunch considerations.

As I write this blog here is what I am currently doing!  I'm happy to post about things that have worked for us in the past at a later date.

  • The same breakfast every morning
  • The same lunch every day except for Saturday
  • One dinner plan for four weeks, meaning every Monday is the same, etc.
  • Shopping exclusively at Costco except for four or five staples 
  • When you write your list write the price of the item and quantity next to it, approximates are fine!
  • REMEMBER YOUR LIST :-)
I know what you're thinking, only six bullet points.  That doesn't seem like a whole "system."   That's why it's such a great system.  I have the same Costco list every two weeks, though the second week I purchase our household items and toiletries.  With this simple meal plan I know exactly what my groceries will cost, exactly what to make each day and the children are pleasantly surprised and blessed with our weekly sabbath meals which are a break from the norm.  Honestly, the less decisions I need to make during the day, the better.  It takes up too much time and energy when you have this many people to take into consideration.

Breakfast for this month is peanut butter toast!  Whole wheat bread and a thick layer of peanut butter.  The exception to this is my husband.  He and I eat eggs for breakfast!  The kids can get their own P.B. toast, it doesn't take a lot to clean up and it is high in cheap protein.  If you buy your organic bread and P.B. at Costco :-)

Lunch this month is ham and cheese, oranges or apples and chips.  I always, always, always, buy cheese at Costco, and always, always, always, buy sandwich meat at Walmart.  I will have to price check the oranges per pound at Costco this week and apples are always cheaper at Walmart, at least the Granny Smith apples are, those are the ones my peeps like!  As for chips, I challenge you to find a store cheaper, locally at least, than Costco.  I don't always buy potato chips, FYI.  I will buy veggies straws, pita chips or something on sale at Costco.  I got a huuuuuuge bag of organic (I think) pretzel chips for four dollars last month.  Who knows what I'll surprise people with this month!!!!

Dinners are as follows:


  • Monday- Spaghetti and salad
  • Tuesday- Taco/Mexican Tuesday.....could be Mexican soup, could be tacos! 
  • Wednesday- Breakfast Sausage (Costco steal) fried with potatoes and broccoli
  • Thursday- Pizza (We just discovered free football on prime Thursday nights!)
  • Friday- Sub sandwich, chips, veggies and dip
  • Saturday- Chicken thighs (everyone's favorite) mashed potatoes,roasted veggies, gravy, chocolate cake and rolls.
  • Sunday- Soup. So.Much.Soup.

One last tip for this post: I eat low carb. How do I eat low carb on this menu? I eat eggs for breakfast, cheese and low carb veggies & dip for lunch, Monday I'll eat meat sauce without pasta and salad for dinner, Tuesday I'll eat taco meat with cheese and salsa, Wednesday I'll eat sausage and broccoli, Thursday I will have only pizza toppings! I literally scrape everything off the crust😂! Friday I will eat sandwich meat and cheese and veggies, Saturday night I will have EVERYTHING. It's our Sabbath meal! Sunday I will eat yummy soup minus the rice I will serve on the side!

I hope this blesses your tummy and your time!

Comments

Popular Posts