Stop nitpicking your husband in front of others!


Ladies, stop correcting your husband in front of others.  Seriously. It's rude in general but to correct him in front of others is a whole different level of rudeness.  I know there are exceptions, really, I do.  I'm not talking about exceptions.  I am talking about nitpicking.  It's ugly.  I remember being a much younger wife and correcting every word that came out of my husbands mouth, in front of his co-workers, family, friends... anyone really.  I mean if he was wrong about something didn't he need me to tell him?  Hot tip for new and not so new wives, he actually doesn't need you to tell him!  And while you may be correct in your correcting, no one cares.  Was this the tie his mother gave him for Christmas two years ago or for his birthday three years ago?  Did you stop at Taco Bell on your honeymoon or was it Taco Time?  Does your great aunt Velda have a canary or a parakeet?  I think you get the point.  

There are times when you need to correct your husband, obviously.  My dear, sweet, precious husband tends to forget appointments he makes and will often double or even triple book himself or his family.  I feel like he actually depends on me for this and wants me to interrupt and remind him, he's usually thankful!  Your husband may have a similar tendency, or a different one! We are best friends and we really do need each other.  But chances are, he doesn't need you to correct him after every conversation he has, this would make you a nitpicker!

I used to correct my husband AFTER company left or in the car on our way home from friends so as not to embarrass myself or him but then I realized I actually don't care about Velda's pet or which song we danced to at his best friends wedding.... Go figure :-)

Comments

Popular Posts