7 Healthy Eating Habits For Moms




When I'm not eating healthy foods for long periods of time I feel awful.  My muscles ache, I gain weight on my small frame which creates different aches and pains, I break out in acne, I have low energy, brain fog appears... the list could go on.  We, as Christians, are not called to worship our bodies but to worship our God!  To glorify Him in all that we do.  We came from our father Adam who came from the dust, we also, like him, will return back to the dust... regardless of just how healthy we eat.  That being said if you aren't taking care of your body you aren't being a good steward of what God has given you.  It sure helps me to be a better parent and wife if my body is strong and healthy.  I want to be able to accomplish as much as I can to the glory of God with the body he has given me! What mom doesn't want more energy? 

 Now that we have that in the right order let's look at seven easy eating habits you can pick up right now!




  1. Don't finish your kid's meals.  Seriously, if you're worried about wasting food then toss it in the fridge, otherwise toss it in the trash.  
  2. Make a simple meal plan, follow it.  This is kind of like writing down what you eat but in the reverse order ;-)  You don't have to track what you're eating if you make a list and stick to it.
  3. Make sure your drinks are healthy.  If I get into a drive thru coffee habit I am out of hard cold cash and enough sugar for six months.  Instead I buy La Croix.  I love it.  I feel like I'm drinking pop, but it actually counts as my daily water intake! Win Win!
  4. Eat before you're starving.  Well, this is easier said than done!  I am usually feeding everyone else, forget to eat and then binge by lunch or dinner.  Instead try to feed yourself first.  Counterintuitive, I know.  But worth it!  Bonus?  You won't be a hangry monster!
  5. Treat yo'self.  Seriously.  I eat everything, in moderation, on Saturday night for our sabbath meal.  I look forward to Saturday even more when I have been eating faithfully throughout the week.  I will mention that I needed to be off of sugar for three months before I could do this and actually succeed with portion control!
  6. If you eat when you're bored, like me, or not paying attention, like me, keep a healthy go to snack in the house at all times!  I keep almonds on hand.  
  7. Have a healthy "cheat" food on hand as well.  I used to really struggle with a sweet tooth.  I found though, that if I kept dark chocolate in the house and nibbled on that instead of eating six cinnamon buns (no, really, I could probably eat more...) it helped to keep that sweet tooth in check!  I also really like Halo ice cream and Triple Zero yogurt as well!

Comments

Popular Posts