What is a sabbath meal?




Well, this isn't an original idea but it sure is a good one!  We came to the reformed faith over six years ago and started enjoying a wonderful sabbath meal almost three years ago. After reading a blog post and an excerpt from our pastor's wife in one of her books, I decided to take on making a Sabbath meal. A celebration. A feast. A way to kick off the day of rest, the day we set aside to celebrate our creator! I have added links to two blog posts by Nancy, but I have also bullet pointed what we do as a family! Tonight was the first time in almost six months we celebrated. It sure was nice!


  • I prepare a meal beyond what we would normally eat. Gravy or homemade rolls,  cakes or Jello. Things I don't normally prepare.
  • Fizzy drinks. We love La Croix 🤣😂 and sometimes have sparkling cider!
  • I let the girls set the table. Spring and summer means fresh flowers. Winter and fall means candles! Tablecloths and whatever else they find fun.
  • Special reading. Tonight I read The Real 12 Days of Christmas as tomorrow is epiphany! 
What does your family do to prepare for or celebrate the Lord's day? 

Here is one of Nancy's posts about the Sabbath meal and what she does!

And here is an explanation of the celebration!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts