What was your vomit like?


Proverbs 26:11 English Standard Version (ESV)

11 Like a dog that returns to his vomit
    is a fool who repeats his folly.

What was your vomit like before God saved you from it? What was your lifestyle like? Your foolishness? Maybe you have loved and known God all the days of your life! Praise God. I'm sure you can STILL think of relationships, habits, attitudes etc. that God has showed you, in His kindness, were rotting your bones. Foolishness. 

The question I am faced with often, and I'm sure you are too, is will you return? A dog throws up something that's bad for him, and oftentimes eats grass to make himself throw up whatever it was he shouldn't have eaten in the first place. Instead of leaving the vomit alone, he soon forgets and returns to eat the very thing that he was trying to get rid of.

Will you return to your foolishness? The very thing that God died to save you from? 

Little things add up to big things and big things become our identity. Soon after I was saved as an adult God took the little things that I used to identify myself and replaced them, I believe, with the fruit of the spirit. Much more fulfilling. 


2 Corinthians 5:17 English Standard Version (ESV)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.[a] The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Comments

Popular Posts