Norwex, is it as good as everyone says it is?




After publishing this blog on penny pinching and home care a number of friends and family commented that I left out Norwex!  That was on purpose!  I have never used Norwex so I couldn't really say how much I liked or disliked it.  In case you are the one or two other women out there who hasn't read up on or tried Norwex, here is their website.

I am a tough customer.  I have a lot of children, most of them are little and most of them are homeschooled.  That means my mess is monster sized...daily.  I am hard on everything I use, and five out of seven of my children are boys or young men.  I am also old and set in my ways.  I have found things that work for me and am just fine sticking with them!!


A friend offered to send me some samples of her Norwex supplies for me to put to the test!  How could I disagree with a free sample!  According to this page on their website Norwex cloths can:

  • Remove up to 99% of bacteria from a surface when following proper use and care
  • Contain BacLock® an antibacterial agent for self-cleansing purposes only
  • Help eliminate the need for paper towels and chemical laden cleaners
  • Significantly reduce the use of costly cleaning products
  • Ultra-thick and absorbent to pick-up and hold more dust, dirt and debris than other cleaning cloths
  • Hold several times its weight in water
  • Made of more than 10 million feet of microfiber for more effective cleaning power
There are also plenty of video demos out there, so if you're like me and don't want to host a party or go to a party in person, you can learn the most effective ways to use the cloths in your everyday cleaning routine! #Introvert.

You can use your Norwex cloths  in one of two ways, dry or wet.  Using your microfiber dry enables you to dust almost any surface and is supposed to catch a massive amount of dirt!  Sounds pretty awesome so far!  You can also use your microfiber cloth wet to clean.  You have to fully soak it, wring it out and go for it!  It sounds like an awesome re-usable Magic Eraser!  I am excited to try it out for sure! Maybe I'll NEVER have to buy magic erasers ever again!  I'm all for that! Let's see what happens! Click here for my video!

After scrubbing my walls I used another microfiber cloth to dust. I'll be honest here. I don't normally dust...ever. It just doesn't make the cut for me! The home we moved into just recently has a woodstove and so now I am dusting like a crazy woman. It looks like Mt. Vesuvius erupted every.single.morning. additionally we have allergies. I feel like every time I dust I'm either just putting dirt back into the air OR making mud with a wet rag.  I tried to video my dusting for this blog but the dust just didn't show up. 

Conclusion: 

Amazed! The cloth picked up every bit of dust and the glass I dusted looked like it had just come out of the dishwasher! I wouldn't purchase something that was ONLY for dusting, but these cloths, so far, are absolutely two in one!

Stay tuned! I plan on writing an update once I have used them for a month or so and have washed them a few times. It looks like they have a 2-
year warranty.  Nothing to lose I guess! If you'd like to order please click on one of the Norwex links above and support my sweet friend Carolyn!

Comments

Popular Posts