Saturday- large family meal prep

Saturday is meal prep day for me! We try to work six days and rest on the seventh. God himself did this during creation! Our sixth day of work tends to look different than the others.

 During the fall the boys went out collecting wood every Saturday, in the winter they tend to hang close to home doing maintenance type things, reorganizing furniture, painting etc. During the spring the guys help people move and grab up side jobs. We're still figuring out summers😂🤣!

Generally speaking my Saturday's are filled with grocery shopping locally (not Costco) and occasionally hitting a thrift store if we need clothing. I try to do this early in the morning so I can have the rest of the day to work while my husband is off working. My littlest ones stay home with me.

Here is what meal prep looks like using this months menu!

  • Chopping veggies for salads, to toss into my hubby's eggs and to add to soups.
  • Brown six pounds of beef for spaghetti sauce and taco Tuesday. 
  • Make ahead at least one casserole. 
  • Cook at least six cups of rice for taco Tuesday and Soup Sunday.
  • Start Sabbath meal! 
Not a lot of prep this Saturday and I assume next Saturday will look similar. Some Saturday's are crazy busy with meal prep and some aren't. It REALLY depends on my menu.  When I have "extra" time I catch up on laundry. Usually this means putting laundry away😥.  I also try to get ready for church in the morning! Here is a post on just that very thing!

Comments

Popular Posts