Trim Healthy Mama meal plan for a month


When I am starting to get back on track I try to eat keto (under 20 carbs) for a few weeks to re-set my body, this really helps me!  Then I stick to a pretty low carb and high fiber diet on a daily basis.  I'v used the Trim Health Mama model for years and because of that it's very low effort and works well too.


If you aren't familiar with THM, here is a super quick explanation on the blog A Heart Of Praise.  If you are looking for a longer explanation you can check this post out by Northern Nester.  The book is a little overwhelming but once you get into the swing of things you can eat a lot of different foods and see a lot of health benefits.

In the future I will co-inside these mama menus along with the monthly family meal plans.  Hopefully that will make things a lot easier for you ladies, I know it really helps me.  In the mean time here is a THM meal plan that I would typically use for an entire month.

6am Coffee with heavy cream (S)

9am Triple Zero yogurt, single serve, and about a cup of Oatmeal, few frozen blueberries  (E)

12pm Scrambled eggs with cheese and a little salsa (S)

Snacks: Veggies and dip, Almonds, dark chocolate (a LITTLE)

5pm Dinner with my family minus the carbs (S)

8pm Dark chocolate or a chocolate Trip Zero... I have a sweet tooth!!

Dinner Ideas!

Broccoli and Cheese Soup, similar to this  one!
Serve with bread for the rest of the family. (S)

Baked chicken, Sweet Potatoes and Rice.
I would grab my own chicken and mix it up with salad greens and ranch OR I would put a little tomato sauce on top with mozzarella cheese and re-heat it in the microwave for a minute to melt the cheese.  (E) with Chicken breast and fat free dressing or (S) With thigh meat, skin on, and full yummy fat ranch dressing.

Beef Stew!  I just make regular ol' beef stew and leave the potatoes out of my my bowl.  Again, you could serve with bread, rice, crackers, whatever your family enjoys.

Veggie Spaghetti.  I make normal spaghetti for my family but I like to dress up the sauce.  I fry up onions, garlic, spinach and fresh tomatoes and add a jar of sauce to that.  When I serve myself I grab a big portion of the veggies and sauce, add melted cheese and add a salad next to it.  I would serve my family regular spaghetti and salad!

Nachos.  When I make loaded nachos or burritos I basically make myself a burrito bowl.  I just shred lettuce, add ground beef or chicken, fried onions, mushrooms, salsa a dab of sour cream and cheese.  I leave out the chips, tortilla, beans etc.  I have left a pretty low carb dinner alongside everyone else



As you can tell I'm not eating fancy diet food.  At all.  There are some things I will occasionally buy like stevia or a low carb baking flour, but really, ain't no mama got time for that.  At least not me! Also, Like I mentioned in a previous post, I eat everything, within moderation, for our Sabbath Meal.

More to come soon.... 

Comments

Popular Posts